“Deep breathing brings deep thinking and shallow breathing brings shallow thinking.”
– Elsie Lincoln Benedict
Have you ever fallen or in any way had your breath knocked out of you?
I have and it is one of the most uncomfortable experience! 👀
🚫Not one I recommend. 🚫
That sensation of your lungs burning, the feeling of being adrift in an uncontrolled space, that bite of panic as you struggle to do what should come automatically is a thoroughly unpleasant experience.
I far prefer the feeling of controlled and conscious breathing, a VERY different experience.
Conscious and controlled breathing allows you to:
- connect with yourself
- release tension
- bring clarity to your thoughts, mind and body
- tap into your very beneficial relaxation response physically
- boost the bodies immune system
to name just a few benefits.
Which one appeals most to you?
Try it and let me know how it goes.
Calming Breathing Exercise
- Sit quietly, feet on the floor or legs crossed.
- Breathe in deeply through your nose and blow your abdomen out as though there is a ballon in there.
- Quietly suspend your breath for a count of 1 and 2.
- Breathe out slowly through a relaxed mouth and jaw.
- Suspend, not hold, your breath.
- Gently inhale through your nose and repeat the cycle 3 to 4 times.
Feel how your shoulders and body feel?
How does your mind feel?
Have a wonderful day and please watch the below video.