Reasons for Grounding
- Connects you with earth energy
- Allows your electrical system to be restored and balanced
- Allows you to release energies that are low vibrational. Ask Mother Earth to transmute and return them to you as love, light, life, laughter, clarity, protection.
- It releases emotional overload as you send the emotions, anxieties and fears into the earth to be returned as lighter energy and no overflow
- It balances your psychic abilities
- Allows you to release the energies you may pick up as empaths and replace with love and peace
- It allows your aura to be ‘whole’
- It brings mental clarity by clearing overwhelm, bringing in protection and allowing for balance
- It enables you to be a bridge, channelling high intention and high vibrational energetic information while remaining in equilibrium
- It enables you to walk in your purpose as you can more clearly connect with your higher self and creator/universe/source/ Divine power/Spirit
- Grounding is used to balance and mix your electrical and magnetic energies within you
- It regulates all systems in the body
- Appears to decrease inflammation and pain in the body
- It increases your circulation which has multiple health benefits as well as increased cognitive functioning
- Appears to improve sleep, leading to healing in various parts of the body
- Helps reduce the effects of electromagnetic pollution
- Grounding gets you out of your head into your body in order to take create more effectively
- It allows you to hear Spirit/Creator more clearly when you are grounded and with a better understanding
I found this interesting
As the Journal of Environmental and Public Health states:
It is an established, though not widely appreciated, fact, that the Earth’s surface possesses a limitless and continuously renewed supply of free or mobile electrons. The Earth’s negative charges can create a stable internal bioelectrical environment for the normal functioning of all body systems which may be important for setting the biological clock, regulating circadian rhythms, and balancing cortisol levels.
Possible Symptoms when Ungrounded
- Disconnected from your thoughts, the body’s needs and physical environment
- Feeling of floating
- Disorientated from your emotional environment
- Emotions overwhelm you easily
- Crowds are intimidating
Methods of Grounding and Earthing
Earthing is when you have direct contact with soil, grass, sand, concrete and water. It is more physical.
Grounding is allowing yourself to energetically connect with the earth and all it encompasses.
There are a variety of ways to do this. Different ways work for different people. Experiment and see which combination works best for you.
1. Reconnect With The Earth
- Take your shoes off and get onto grass, sand, concrete or soil.
- Get near water, the ocean a pond.
- Wood, asphalt and vinyl are not conductors of earth energy.
- Gardening, even in a pot on a window sill form, is great for grounding.
- Wet grass, sand, concrete and soil are more conductive than dry due to the molecular enhancing qualities of water
2. Healing your Root Chakra (Muladhara)
- Do breath work into this chakra by placing your hand right over left on the back or front where your legs join your torso
- Send love to this chakra
- Set the intention for it to be the correct size, colour and vibrationally balanced
- Deal with issues to do with family and paradigms
- Honour that we are all one.
- Squats are a great exercise for helping balance and heal this chakra
- Root veggies such as sweet potatoes are great for grounding.
- Fruit and vegetables as raw as you can are great
- Ginger tea
- A little garlic in a stir fry with ginger, radishes, red onion, purple cabbage and carrots is very grounding.
- Dandelion Root Tea is awesome, I add the leaves as well for kidney support
- Red fruits and vegetables are all great for grounding
Raw, 70% + organic chocolate is great for grounding
5. Salt Bath
Sea salt, Himalayan salt, Epsom salts or Hawaiian salt are great grounding tools. Add water and you have a winning combination
Place a cup in a bath of water and soak. I enjoy having candles and ensure I have drinking water nearby. I also use lavender, rose or chamomile essential oils in the water.
If I don’t have time to bath I have some salt mixed in coconut and almond oil that I spread over my body in the shower and meditate for the time it takes to shower
6. Meditation for Grounding
- Sit comfortably on a chair with your feet (bare if possible) and set the intention to connect with Gaia, Mother Earth
- Close your eyes and feel and visualize the energy and emotions in your body
- ‘Send’ your energy down to the centre of the earth feeling, seeing, experiencing the layers and levels as much as you can, if you aren’t able to that is also ok,
- Feel the heat of the earth’s core and experience sending the energy and emotions running through roots like that of a plant into the fire, feel the cleansed energy and transmuted emotions return to you through the roots, layers and up the soles of your feet to spread through your body restoring every cell back to its designated vibrational and communication levels
- Feel refreshed, restored and rejuvenated
- Breathing is vital here
- Breathe through your nose into your abdomen, allowing it to expand, pause slightly and release the breath from your mouth. Develop your own rhythm and pace as this is part of the grounding and allows you to connect simultaneously with your higher self.
7. Crystals and Stones
- Red crystals and black are very grounding eg red jasper, red or brown tiger’s eye
- Petrified wood here is very grounding. Wooden mala beads as jewellery may also be of benefit for grounding
8. Physical Exercise
- Walking, running, swimming, even housework are all very grounding.
- Please be aware of your breathing
- I use a form of trauma release as well where I start shaking my hands and work through the body. This releases stress and gets everything moving.
- Dancing is also a great way to ground.
- Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong are all very good.
Exercise and movement are good because they get you to connect with your body as you release energy.
It is a great way to centre yourself and allow grounding to occur.
Grounding and earthing are great ways to enhance healing and daily living.
See which combinations work for you and have fun while you are doing it